Magento is indubitably one of the most stable and powerful platforms. Currently, 12% of e-commerce owners are using Magento to establish their presence strongly in the world. Magento 2(a new and upgraded version of Magento) was introduced in 2015 in the market. But this version was not welcomed wholeheartedly by e-commerce owners and developers as it has a plethora of teething problems.
But over the past few years, Magento has experienced a huge competition from other platforms like Woocommerce and Shopify. To regain its position, Magento has upgraded its latest product. Now, over the past two years, many companies are migrating to Magento 2. If you want to migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2, you should hire dedicated Magento developer who will help you in this migration flawlessly.
But why should you adopt Magento 2? Let’s find out some solid reasons.
1.Improved admin interface and backend admin: The admin section for Magento 1 was very difficult to navigate especially for non-technical people. If you have in-house developers, you can combat the situation easily. But if you are a start-up with only a few employees, then it would be a difficult job for you to handle the system. Now, this feature in Magento 2 has improved drastically.
- The overall design has received a massive upgradation with a simple and clear layout
- The admin interface is more user-friendly with tools and settings. Now, you can easily create your product process without any hassle.
- Now, the site has become more mobile-friendly and thus, you can edit it from any device. The admin is also optimized so that you can work from tablets and other smartphones.
Magento 1 was not a user-friendly platform, but Magento 2 has fixed the problem.
- Better speed and faster performance: A study was conducted by Google and it has claimed that 53% of the users usually abandon a site if it takes to open more than 3 secs. Though Magento 1 was optimized for speed, still, you will get the best result with Magento 2. A Magento 2 website usually runs an average of 20% faster and it improves your sales volume and SEO rank. Magento 2 comes with an extension called” Varnish Cache”. Varnish accelerates the loading time of your page on both enterprise and community edition. Varnish loads your page less than a second and this is another prime reason that you should migrate to Magento 2.
- Better shopping experience and easy checkout: Magento 2 sites are much faster which means your customers won’t get frustrated with this new platform. Moreover, Magento 2 integrates many payment gateway options like PayPal, Worldpay, etc. So, your online customers can choose their preferred payment method to accomplish their shopping. Checking out plays an important for in the success of any e-commerce business. If your check-out process is not simple and possesses unnecessary hurdles, you will certainly lose customers. Because, according to the Baymard Institute, an average of 69.23% of users generally abandons their carts before completing their purchase process. Magento 2 comprises of only two steps for check-out process
- Shipping: you need to add your name, address, and contact details.
- Review or payment: Take a final look at your product and select the most suitable payment method.
On the other hand, Magento 1 comprises of seven steps (method, billing, shipping, shipping method, payment method, review, and finally submit your order) for check-out process.
- Easily migrate your data: Magento releases a data migration tool which will help you to import all your imperative store’s data to Magento 2 platform.
- Future upgrades: Since Magento 2 is the latest version of Magento, it has got immense support from the Magento community and other talented developers. So, it is expected that in future, new versions will be released which will fix more problems and will provide you with more upgrades and security patches.
Magento 2 has not become very popular among users. But after the fixation and enhancements, people are slowly migrating to Magento 2. Now, you have enough idea regarding the benefits and advantages of Magento 2. So, this is the time that you should start planning to upgrade your site to Magento 2. For, this you can hire Magento developer India who will help you in this job.
HorizonCore is a distinguished web development company who has an unmatched portfolio in the field of Magento web development. The company possesses many talented and deft Magento developers who will help you to migrate your store from Magento 1 to Magento 2. They will also maintain and give you post-deployment support for your store.
So, without wasting time, you should contact them if you want to join the league of migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
Technology is expanding hurriedly in every second. Every business is trying to cope up with these new gen technologies and … Continue reading “How your Business will get Benefited by Hiring an AngularJS developer?”Read more
Laravel has inscribed its name as one of the most utilized and appreciated open source PHP web frameworks in the … Continue reading “A Detailed Checklist to Verify your Laravel 5 Restful API”Read more