Over the past few years, the unprecedented growth of e-commerce has helped innumerable businesses to reach a wider market. Though e-commerce provides you with a chunk of opportunities, still, every business needs to utilize this opportunity wisely. If you need to sell your products or services online, you need a functional and impeccable online store. Building an online store from its scratch is an arduous job, but fortunately, a not necessary one. Because these days, the markets are crammed with many e-commerce platforms who offer you a plethora of opportunities like how to build your store, how to showcase your products in the online catalogue, how to make payment gateways, manage customer, and after-sales support.
In this article, we are going to mention some popular e-commerce platforms which are globally applauded.
Shopify is one of the leading e-commerce platforms because it has many impressive features. Currently, more than 100,000 stores are built on Shopify and over $5 billion in product sales.
- Cost: This is one of the most important factors behind the popularity of Shopify. Shopify plans have a range from $29 (basic) to $299 (advanced) per month.
- Performance and stability: This platform loads quickly and provides a rock solid stability.
- Support: Shopify provides 24X7 support via phone, messaging, or email.
- Themes: Shopify provides you with a chunk of themes and most of them are free. So, you can choose any of them to build your online store.
- Expensive for apps: Things get expensive when you move onto Shopify Plus or you need to use a lot of apps.
- Content and Commerce integration: You can’t create much more engaging content experiences (interactive look books, shoppable content and landing pages) as compared to other platforms like Magento.
- Multi-store configuration: If you want to sell your products to the international audiences and want to maintain a local currency throughout the entire experience, then, you will certainly need a separate CMS for each region. Shopify doesn’t provide this option.
Magento is a very popular e-commerce platform for medium to large scale businesses. Currently, 200, 000 online merchants are using Magento. Some companies who are using Magento are Nike, Procter & Gamble, and Cisco.
- Scalable and highly customizable: Magento is very scalable, and it allows the users to customize the platform as per their needs and requirements.
- Multi-store configuration: If you want to sell your products or services internationally, then choose Magento because of its multi-store flexibility. With Magento, you can run multiple websites with a single CMS installation.
- Community: Magento has established a strong market for itself. It has a huge community of developers who are very supportive and often try to produce high-quality extensions and plug-ins.
- Flexible: Magento is flexible enough and that’s why you choose where you want to host the software
- Pricey themes: Most of the Magento themes are chargeable and pricey.
- Performance: Magento often slows down, but this issue has been addressed with Magento 2
- Maintenance cost: Some bugs may occur and to fix this, you need to regularly patch security updates from Magento to ensure that everything is working perfectly. For this, you need to hire dedicated Magento developer from a reputed company.
These days WooCommerce is highly preferable because this is the e-commerce shopping cart for WordPress. This platform provides all the basic requirements and features and targets smaller merchants.
- Customization: WooCommerce is highly customizable which means you can control the code and host the website.
- Design: WooCommerce embraces its users with an array of free themes which means you can make and start your online store at a minimal cost.
- Content integration: WordPress is a popular and highly appreciable content management system. This means you can include all the content-rich features of WordPress in your site to enhance the shopping experience.
- Community: Though this is well-supported, still, inadequate quality of plugins has made this platform a less popular as compared to Magento and Shopify.
- Pricey: Good hosting can be pricey with this platform
Invented in 2009, BigCommerce has many resemblances with Shopify. BigCommerce is ideal for small retailers who want to make their online stores with a minimal budget.
- Price: This is a low-priced e-commerce platform. The basic plan starts from $29.95 per month. Thus, BigCommerce is ideal for those who have a tight budget.
- Built-in features: BigCommerce offers many built-in features to the developers.
- Performance and stability: Like Shopify, BigCommerce hosts the platform and provides complete security.
- Design: BigCommerce provides many customizable themes and designs.
- Expensive: This platform is expensive for high volume stores
- Customization: With BigCommerce, you can’t customize the code as you can with Magento and WooCommerce.
Though it was founded in 1999, still, it was launched in 2002 as an e-commerce solution provider. Volusion is ideal for those retailers who are selling physical products.
- Price: Volusion is also a cheap e-commerce platform. Volusion personal cost $29 per month and Volusion business cost $299 per month.
- Templates: Volusion offers a variety of templates from which you can customize templates as per your wish.
- Support: Volusion provides 24X7 support and offers many video tutorials to the users.
- Many sites have a poor URL structure
- One of the slower SaaS platforms
- No built-in blogging functionality
These are some potential e-commerce platforms which are ruling in the market. It is also true that there is no one-size-fits-all e-commerce solution for every online business store. So, before handpicking the best platform for your business, find out your business needs, sales volume and future growth. Now, based on these parameters, choose the best platform which meets all your needs and demands.
Do you want to enhance your e-commerce business growth by choosing the right e-commerce platform? Then, you should get in touch with HorizonCore. Because HorizonCore is a reputed e-commerce solution provider where you will get a complete solution for your online store. You can also hire Magento developer India from our company to build up an exceptional Magento online store.
You can visit our site to see their work and portfolio. You can also submit your queries to the site, and we will definitely get back to you after analyzing your queries.
Indubitably, Magento is one of the preferred e-commerce platforms among online merchants because of its astounding features, high flexibility, and … Continue reading “Magento to BigCommerce Migration: Key Insights and Challenges”Read more
As technology is evolving with each passing day, the markets are crammed with many software development and engineering jobs. Though … Continue reading “Why Full-Stack Development is too Good for You?”Read more
Front-end development plays a pivotal role in any web development process. These days, companies are adopting various front-end technologies to … Continue reading “Hire ReactJS Developers to Build Kickass UIs And Interactive Web Apps”Read more