Google shows no sign of stopping on providing the updates of Android OS. Google has done the same again, by releasing developer preview of its next Android Operating System ahead of its annual Google I/O
Many assumptions were made for O of Android O. But Google revealed it to be “OREO”. After Android Alpha and Beta, Google made it a trend to keep up the names of Android OS with ‘Sweet Treats’. Oreo is also added to this sweet treats list of Android OS.
What to Expect from Android O?
A completely new OS is to be launched by Google and everyone wants to know what features to expect from it. Below are the listed features of Android O:
1) Customizable Notifications – Android O will allow its user to customize notifications as per their choice, alerts can be grouped by types. Users will be able to snooze notifications and developers can set time limits for notification timeout.
2) Limits in Background – The ability to restrict certain app activities in the background was introduced in Android Nougat and in Android O this ability is enhanced by placing priority on extending battery life without user-input.
3) Improved Auto-Fill Framework – Optional for users (users will have to manually opt for it); it will make easier to fill in login and credit card information forms with fewer mistakes and almost eliminate repetition for users.
4) Enhanced Connectivity – Wi-Fi Aware will allow nearby devices and apps to discover and communicate over Wi-Fi without any internet access point. Bluetooth is also improved for supporting high-quality audio through Sony LDAC codec.
5) New Enterprise Feature – Google claims that it has made the profile and device manager modes more powerful, productive and easier to provision than ever.
6) Gestures Introduced – Android O will provide you the ability to open apps with alphabetic gestures say for example you can draw alphabet C to open contacts menu. We can expect it to work when screen is on and in any application
Overall we can expect an amazing OS with these new features to support the new apps. If you want to create an app that is supported by the upcoming Android O than do leave us a message at HorizonCore and we will get back to you with 1 working day.